Sunday, July 20, 2014

Run 219, 220 and 221

I am back and a huge thanks to Steven and Peter for running things whilst I was away.

It is definitely cooler these days and numbers are showing this, so if you are after easy points I suggest getting out for a run. I know it is the only way I can get any.

Run 219 saw Paul take out the win just ahead of Nada and Jozica with points for all who attended.

Run 220 saw Nada take out a convincing win with Olie and Jozica closing in for second and third. Again points for all who attended.

And lastly...... Run 221 was a cool morning with a very light drizzle of rain. This didn't stop the keener runners from getting out and I must say a little dirty. The finish looked a little more like tough mudder as people compared their running styles by the amount of mud up the back.

It was determined that Jozica was the lightest runner of all of us.

With a wet track this didn't stop the competition in anyway as the banter started even before the run, with the women outnumbering the men. This at least evened up as Peter arrived. Phew!!!

While they had the numbers and after additions of handicaps it was the guys (Steve actually) that took first place, however the girls still hold top place on the consistency ladder as Nada continues true to form with a run into second place, closely followed by Atsuko. So 1 out of the top three wasn't bad.

Well done to everyone and I admit I missed the fun when I was away.

No PBs this week due to the wet and slightly slippery conditions.

Next run Saturday 26 July 2014 at 7:30am. The mornings are definitely starting to get a little brighter.

Don't forget keep running and enjoy. Everyone is welcome.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment